Tuesday, July 29, 2014

As I write this...

I am sitting at the desk where history was made. A desk that, by rights, should be in a museum - only it isn't. This desk:


It belongs to this room:



The only room in the world that contains this bust:


Here's a close-up of it, with my hand on the glass - which is as close as I can get to the writing:



However, I can touch the desk. The very desk where, on Jan. 11, 2007, JK Rowling finished writing Harry Potter. (Honestly, they put Jane Austen's pen in a museum - shouldn't this desk be in one, too?) Not that I'm complaining. I am thrilled, giddy, and silly beyond words. I am touching HISTORY!

3 comments:

  1. I now officially want your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm... which way should I interpret your comment? Do i have to watch my back from now on? :-)

      Delete
    2. lol I'm going to portkey to you, steal a hair from your head, put it in my polyjuice potion and then send you to Snapes dungeon while I impersonate you.

      Delete