Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Happy Birthday to my Mom!

Today is the feast day of Saints Elena and Constantin. Several people in my family have one of these names as a middle name.

But for my Mom this is a very special day: it is both her birthday and her name day (first name in this case).

I called her early this morning (at least, it was early for me) to wish her a very happy birthday. Of course, since my local time is 7 hours behind hers, whereas my brother lives only a couple hundred miles away from my parents, I am rarely the first one to call. In this case, not only had he called, but he had sent her a photo with my two nieces holding up signs that say, 'Happy Birthday, Grandma Lenuta!' (Lenuta is a nickname for Elena).

I ask you, how can I possibly compete with that?!

But I am going to try, anyway: my Mom is going to visit us in France for 10 days and partake of the pleasures of Provence and Paris. It will be our birthday gift to her. Not as splendid as the two little nieces, but we will do our best.

No comments:

Post a Comment